PRIZE PROMOTIONS - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions set out below (the general terms) apply to all prize draws, competitions and other prize promotions (promotions) which we run. Each promotion will also have its own set of specific terms and conditions and these will be communicated to you as part of the promotion (either on-pack, online or by some other means) (the specific terms).
Together, the general terms and applicable specific terms comprise the promotion terms. By entering a promotion, you agree to be bound by the promotion terms. This means you should read and treat the general terms and applicable specific terms as one set of terms. However, if there is any contradiction or inconsistency between the two, the specific terms will take priority over the general terms.
The general terms:
1. Entry is open to all legal residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man aged 16 or over, except: (i) our employees; (ii) the employees of any third party helping us with the promotion (e.g. our marketing agency); and (iii) the immediate family members of (i) and (ii).
2. We may carry out verification checks to confirm your eligibility to enter (including requesting proof of ID (e.g. a current passport or driver’s licence) or proof of address (e.g. a recent utility bill)). If you need to purchase one of our products to enter, you must retain your receipt and winning product for verification.
3. Please see specific terms for opening date, closing date and entry instructions.
4. You must submit your own entry. Bulk, group or third party entries will not be accepted. Entries submitted using automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that enable a person to enter repeatedly will not be accepted.
5. We will have no responsibility for, and will not accept, any entries that are lost, delayed, incomplete, illegible, damaged or corrupted (including as a result of postal delays, technical issues with your mobile, tablet, computer or connectivity, or technical issues with our website). Proof of sending does not constitute proof of receipt.
6. If the promotion involves the submission of audio, video, text, images or other content, you must ensure your submission: (i) is not copied from a third party; (ii) does not otherwise infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights; (iii) does not feature any person (living or dead) without their permission; and (iv) does not contain any defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, illegal or otherwise unsuitable materials. You will retain any copyright which exists in your submission but, by entering, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use your content in any media for our promotional purposes.
7. Please see specific terms for details of: (i) how we will select and notify winners; (ii) how winners will receive, or can claim, their prize; and (iii) any delivery timescales. Prizes will only be delivered within the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Please see specific terms for prize details. We reserve the right to substitute any prize (or an individual aspect of a prize) for an alternative of equal or greater value where we deem it strictly necessary due to events outside our reasonable control. Winners may not transfer the right to accept their prize to another person without our consent. We will not offer cash alternatives to any prizes. Prizes are not negotiable.
9. Winners are responsible for any tax liability they incur as a result of accepting a prize. Winners are encouraged to seek independent financial advice before accepting a prize if the tax implications concern them.
10. Winners are responsible for obtaining, both for themselves and any guests, any insurance cover which is required or advisable in order to enjoy their prize. Where a prize involves overseas travel, in addition to obtaining travel insurance, winners are responsible for obtaining, both for themselves and any guests, any necessary visas or clearances, and for obtaining health advice in relation to the travel destination.
11. We may, at our sole discretion, arrange for an alternative winner to be selected on the same basis as the original winner if: (i) the original winner fails to take any of the steps necessary to claim their prize as set out in the specific terms; (ii) we are unable to contact the original winner having made reasonable efforts to do so; (ii) the original winner fails any verification or eligibility checks; (iii) the original winner is disqualified in accordance with the promotion terms; or (iv) the original winner is unable to accept their prize for any reason.
12. We reserve the right to disqualify you if you fail our verification checks or we reasonably believe that you have: (i) breached any of the promotion terms; or (ii) otherwise cheated or jeopardised the integrity of the promotion.
13. We reserve the right to suspend, vary or cancel a promotion where we deem it strictly necessary due to events outside our reasonable control (including where technical issues are affecting the proper running of the promotion or where we suspect fraud). In these circumstances, we will do all we can to minimise any disappointment caused.
14. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss, injury or damage which: (i) you suffer by entering a promotion; or (ii) you or your guest(s) suffer in the enjoyment of any prize. However, nothing will exclude or limit our liability in respect of personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by us.
15. We may run a promotion via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or another social media channel. If we do, you will need an account with that social media channel in order to enter. You acknowledge that any promotion run via a social media channel is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, that social media channel. By entering, you agree to release that social media channel from any and all liability in connection with the promotion. You also understand that any personal details you submit to enter a promotion or claim a prize (see condition 16 for more details) are provided to us and not to that social media channel.
16. We may ask you to supply personal details to enter a promotion or claim a prize (e.g. name, postal address, email address, date of birth etc). The details you submit must be true and up-to-date. By entering, you consent to us using your details in order to run the promotion (including sharing your details with any third party helping us with the promotion (e.g. our marketing agency)). Please see specific terms for information about how else we may use your details. Winners also specifically consent to: (i) us disclosing their name and county as per condition 17; and (ii) taking part in unpaid publicity (e.g. being filmed or taking part in an interview and/or a photo-shoot) which we may use in any media for our promotional purposes. If you do not consent to any of this, please do not enter our promotion. If your details change during a promotion, it is your responsibility to notify us otherwise you may miss out on a prize.
17. Please write to “FAO: [Insert Brand Name] Brand Manager - [Insert Promotion Name]” at the address below within 3 months of the applicable closing date for the names and counties of major prize winners.
18. Our decision in relation to all matters relating to our promotions will be final.
19. The promotion terms will be interpreted and applied in accordance with Scottish law. The Scottish courts will have the exclusive right to settle any disputes related to our promotions.
20. Promoter: A.G. BARR p.l.c., Westfield House, 4 Mollins Road, Cumbernauld, G68 9HD.
Note: We may update the general terms from time to time. You should check this page regularly to ensure you are up-to-date because any changes will apply from the date they are made.
Last Update: September 2015
Strathmore / Do More Challenge - Win a Training Session with Ross Murdoch
1. Opens: 19th January 2018. Closes: 17:00 on 2nd February 2018.
2. Entry: Enter via Facebook or Twitter by replying to the relevant Strathmore post/tweet with either (i) a photo which shows yourself ‘Doing More’; or (ii) simply tell us what you are doing to get active and to ‘Do More’ in 2018. Post your photo or words within the comments section of the promotional post or by reply tweet. 1 entry per person. Duplicate entries (including entries on both Facebook and Twitter not permitted). Open only to UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland residents aged 16+.
3. Prize: A place on a group swimming training session with Olympian Ross Murdoch. The session is expected to take place towards the end of February 2018 in Glasgow, Scotland. We will update the winner when we know the exact date and venue. Training session, date and location may change due to athlete/venue availability. No travel, accommodation or other incidental expenses included. Winner will need to wear suitable swimwear in order to take part in the training session.
4. Winner: Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries & notified via Facebook Direct Message or Twitter DM on the 5th February 2018. The winner is required to reply to our Direct Message or Twitter DM with their name, age, postal address and phone number. If winner does not reply to our Direct Message or Twitter DM by midday on 8th February 2018, or if they can’t attend the allocated date/time, we will select an alternative winner.
5. Note to Facebook entrants: As we will be notifying the winner using direct message, if you entered on Facebook, please look out for Direct Messages in your Facebook inbox and message requests inbox (which is accessed through your main Facebook inbox).
6. Note to Twitter entrants: As we will be notifying the winner using direct message, if you entered on Twitter, to make it easier for us to contact you, either follow @strathmorewater or set your contact settings to “receive direct messages from anyone”.
Any Questions ?
Please contact us if you have any questions about these terms, our Site or anything else related to our business: StrathmoreConsumerCare@agbarr.co.uk.